Followers

Home

Wednesday, 19 October 2016

Pink is the colour

Morning all 

Well here I am - had a very short blog yesterday :) and well done to 
Marianne for winning the Crafting Live Tickets.

Here is my card for today. 


I have used Altenew stamps and inks on a white scrap of card stock. 

Stamped the image and then used a smoothie to colour the background a bit more
pink

Then matted and layered the cut down topper onto various snippets of card stock. 

Love using up bibs and bobs. 

Mounted onto a cream coloured card blank which again I coloured pink. Added some pink 
Nuvo Drops and of course a pink butterfly ;) 

I would like to enter it for the challenge over at 


All to do with pink - for Cancer 

Mum had breast cancer a few years back, and although she "survived" it - she is now 
very frail after complications from a stroke. 

Finally find out what happened with her and this NEW BATH STRAP - which I 
advised her not to get. But she so much wanted to have a bath she was persuaded to 
purchase it. Had it fitted and tried it out......

can you guess what happens... 

She slipped off the strap once she was in the bath and could not get back out. 

I gather that 
"During the course of the bath the white slip sheet slipped down over the belt and with that motion the belt bunched up into a tube rendering Mum helpless and unable to get back onto the seat. She has no strength and great pain in her shoulders."

Now she has the problem of trying to get back the money for something NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE

It is a shame that Mum did not heed my warnings thanks to my friends here on Blogland who 
gave their views.....which I mentioned to Mum. 

Does it annoy you when these "salesmen" come into homes and "push" frail people  to buy something
which is not suitable - just to get a sale. 

Well there is something for you to ponder on today. 

Salesmen who push just for that sale.

I have been in Sales nearly all my life and something that I am very strong in my views are

"does this person, need, afford, want, or is it suitable" and it I felt it was NOT then I did not 
sell that item. 

Whether it be, medical, memberships, products, or Bank products. 

Anyway best dash and get on. Looks like a good day to be in the garden 
so washing is on.

Have a good day 

Crafty hugs 



6 comments:

  1. Oh Pen so sorry to hear that your mum has had a bad experience with her purchase, but you did all you could to discourage her with buying it. Poor lady, and I agree wholeheartedly regarding hard selling too vulnerable people, but it's all about getting the sale,hopefully she will get her money back.
    Now your card is stunning, beautifully designed and coloured, take care Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Pen, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum's accident in the bath. I do hope she can get her money back. I don't know how these salesmen can sleep at night.

    Your card is a beauty. I love the colours and what lovely stamps. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, love the gorgeous vivid pink used and a gorgeous image.
    I totally agree with you, your poor Mum.
    Thank you for joining our 'Pink October' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really pretty creation Pen and perfect for our 'Pink' theme at Allsorts, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your poor mum Pen, it must have made you really mad. I hope she is ok now?
    A beautiful bright card, loving the central flower. Who doesn't love a butterfly too?

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and lovely card. Just perfect for my pink theme over at Allsorts, thank you;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Your views and comments are appreciated . I look forward to your visit again.

Crafty hugs Pen